With a younger group, I try to keep it relatively simple. Last year, in 6u, our three priorities were
(1) don’t be afraid to make mistakes,
(2) understand what you need to do on every pitch, and
(3) be a team (a lot of mistakes happen at this age – pick each other up).
This year our three additions to that are
(1) be intentional (go into every rep knowing what you are working on and what your responsibility is)
(2) be consistent with being intentional (as the Cassala’s say…don’t be a 10 and then a 2….be a 7 every time)
(3) manage your emotions (good or bad).